Retained Life Estate
How It Works
- You transfer the title to your residence, farm, or vacation home to The Holton-Arms School and live there for the rest of your life.
- Continue to live in the property for life or a specified term of years, and continue to be responsible for all taxes and upkeep.
- The property passes to Holton-Arms when your life estate ends.
- You can give us a significant asset but retain the security of using your property for the rest of your life.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of the appraised value of your property.
- You can terminate your life estate at any time and may receive an additional income tax deduction OR you and Holton-Arms may jointly decide to sell the property and prorate the sale proceeds.